I love it when folks send me pictures of dishes they’ve made using my Sambals.
A couple of weeks ago, I received a FB message of an image that refused to load. Thanks FB Pages! The sender, let’s call her KP, said “Sambal Teriyaki Chicken with Onions and Peppers.” I grumbled “FB is not showing me your pic, but that sounds AMAZING!” KP replied “Wonder why? I wanted you to be so proud of me.”
I know I’m not supposed to be giving out my mobile number to FB peeps, but I was dying of curiosity and I WANTED to be so proud of her. So, to hell with caution, I gave her my cell number, she texted me the picture and WOW! Her dinner looked absolutely mouth-watering! She graciously shared her recipe – I hope you’ll try this sometime. If you do please tag me (@thesamballady) and KP (@kunlimited) so we can both be proud of you!
Oh, and send me pics of your dishes and recipes – I find you’re all WAY more creative in how you use Sambal in your cooking than I’ll ever be!
KP’s Sambal Teriyaki Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping tablespoon Hot Chili Sambal – or to taste
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1 white onion – sliced
1 red bell pepper – sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Coat with sambal, then add teriyaki sauce. Marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in wok over medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onions. Sauté til slightly wilted, then move to the sides of the wok.
- Add chicken – let it sit at the bottom of the wok for three minutes, then turn and cook the other side.
- Once chicken is browned on both sides, stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve on a bed of fluffy white rice.
Thank you KP. Now my mouth is watering and I’m wondering if I have any chicken breast in the fridge!