An exquisitely mellow Sambal featuring the fragrance of the makrut lime leaf . Handmade in Brooklyn. Adds mild heat and glorious flavor to everything from marinades to stir-fries or simply eaten as-is.
Sambal is a ubiquitous condiment throughout Malaysia. The word Sambal refers to a blend of ground peppers and aromatics, with the main ingredient being fresh chillies. In Malaysia, green sambal can be found at humble roadside eateries. Either mild or fiery, they’re used to accompany the various dishes offered. Each cook has their own recipe for it, influenced by regional differences and the availability of fresh ingredients.
Made with Makrut lime leaves, Lime Leaf Sambal brightens up all your favorite dishes with 100% authentic Southeast Asian flavor.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING:
"This is some of the most delicious product I’ve ever had. I keep jars of it at home. My wife and I are obsessed” – John Adler, Head of Culinary, Blue Apron
"This jarred sauce changed our grain bowls for good. I recommend beginning with the lime leaf sambal, which combines the mellow fire of green chili peppers with the sweet florality of makrut lime leaves.” – Chris Morocco, senior food editor, Bon Appétit/Healthyish
- – Family recipe
- – Handmade in small batches
- – 100% natural ingredients
- – No added preservatives
- – Made in Brooklyn
HOW TO USE:
- – Use it as a condiment on the side of a plate of noodles or rice. Pick up a dab with each forkful - you control how much heat each bite needs.
- – Marinade seafoods, poultry and meats - either alone and in combination with other ingredients.
- – Spice up stir-fries.
- – Mix into mayonnaise or ketchup for a spicy sandwich spread. Also great in grilled cheese sandwiches.
- – Add to soups, stews and casseroles.
Fresh Chillies, Dried Green Peppers, Canola Oil, Garlic, Cane Sugar, Lime Juice, Kosher Salt, Makrut Lime Leaves.