PRE-ORDERS ONLY. All orders that include this item will ship on or after 1/15/2022
A deliciously savory Sambal featuring 100% authentic Southeast Asian flavors. Handmade in Brooklyn. Adds complex heat and rich seafood umami to everything from soups to sandwiches.
Hot Chilli Sambal is to Malaysians what ketchup is to Americans. The word Sambal refers to a blend of ground peppers and aromatics, with the main ingredient being fresh chillies. In Malaysia, sambal is most often made at home. Each family has their own recipe for it, influenced by regional differences and the availability of fresh ingredients. This delicious Sambal is made following my family's recipe, the way my mother made it for us back home.
Flavored with fermented shrimp paste directly sourced from Malacca, a coastal city in Malaysia, a little Hot Chili Sambal goes a long way in adding flavor to everything it touches.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING:
"Yet occasionally, a condiment comes along that's like a black hole, compressing physics-defying amounts of flavor in a tiny package. Such is the case with Auria's Kitchen sambal sauces." - Chris Morocco, senior food editor, Bon Appétit/Healthyish
"We like how this small-batch version from Auria's Malaysian Kitchen balances the spice with pungent garlic and a touch of sugar and vinegar. The producer also uses shrimp paste in its recipe, which contributes umami flavor without any fishiness." - Christopher Kimball, Christopher Kimball's Milk Street
- – Family recipe
- – Handmade in small batches
- – 100% natural ingredients
- – No added preservatives
- – Made in Brooklyn
HOW TO USE:
- – Use it as a condiment on the side of a plate of noodles or rice. Pick up a dab with each forkful - you control how much heat each bite needs.
- – Marinate seafoods, poultry and meats - either alone and in combination with other ingredients.
- – Spice up stir-fries.
- – Mix into mayonnaise or ketchup for a spicy sandwich spread. Also great in grilled cheese sandwiches.
- – Add to soups, stews and casseroles.